Friday, March 31, 2017

PHOTOS BY VAN STYLES :: Running Patterns :: Flying Over Miami with South Beach Helicopters

I love that line from Ferris Bueller's Day off. You know the one that goes "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it". This is something I have been having to remind myself to do since diving in and following photographer and all the places it has taken me. It makes me even more thankful for having a camera to interpret and document the world around.
Being able to finally dig into some photos from my most recent flight with the good people at South Beach Helictopers means I have a new set of aerial images to share here. Now I know I have done a good amount of flights with them over Miami and to to be honest on a bright sunny day it never gets old. To see the such a vibrant city from above with your own eyes is something. I know a lot of people would just use a drone for photos like these but for myself there is nothing that can replace the feeling of making photos from 1,500 feet up. Putting the camera to your eye framing and pressing the shutter is such an rewarding emotion.
This flight while I did capture some expected scenes I also found myself being drawn to patterns far below. Shooting mainly with a 135mm lens I was able to frame these patterns as I was seeing them which lead to some photos that I love. While Miami ideally is a beautiful place it was fun to make some photos of what are over looked backdrops. So enjoy the pictures below and be sure to hit up SBH if you ever make it out to Miami.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment