Tuesday, September 8, 2020

THROW BACK PHOTOS BY VISUALSKATEBOARDS.COM

Pool Day :: Softest Hard

Posted on August 05 2016

With multiple heat waves sweeping across southern California it made me realize how important it was that my house has as pool. Since moving in a year ago I have definitely had the idea of doing a pool shoot. Within that time frame Leica released a great camera in the form of the X-U typ 113. With out getting too technical the bonus to this camera is the fact you don't need a housing to take it in the pool like every other camera.

The idea of a simple to use camera that isn't bulky for underwater imagery really grabbed my interest. I was fortunate enough to get one. After a few test shoots I was ready. I called up my friend Softest Hard to see if she would be down for such a project. The idea of getting to play in a pool for a photo shoot I think really appealed to her. We shot a couple of sets in two different bikinis. I will definitely say that shooting underwater is a whole other beast. It is definitely not as easy as you might think. With this being my first one I am definitely excited to do more. For now check out what Softest and I came up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment