Saturday, May 13, 2023

JANELLE MONÁE ANNOUNCES UPCOMING ALBUM 'THE AGE OF PLEASURE' AND DROPS NSFW MUSIC VIDEO

janelle monae new album single music video the age of pleasure lipstick lover

Janelle Monáe is back. She announced her upcoming studio album, titled The Age of Pleasure. She also dropped a new single — “Lipstick Lover.”

The Age of Pleasure will mark Monáe’s first album in five years. She previously dropped Dirty Computer in 2018.

“As we enter into The Age Of Pleasure, ‘Lipstick Lover’ is our freeassmothaf-cka anthem inspired by f.a.m. for f.a.m.,” the singer wrote in a press release for the album. “This is our oasis made with love, rooted in self-acceptance, throbbing in self-discovery, and signed with cherry red kisses from me to you.”

For the upcoming LP, Monáe elaborated on how playing her music at parties was a way of testing the material. “What I would do is if I knew we were having a party on that Friday or Saturday, on Monday and Tuesday, I’d be like, ‘All right. We’re going to write three songs,’” she told Apple Music‘s Zane Lowe. “If the songs can’t work at the party, they’re not going on the album. “I was walking around. I was so scared. I almost went to the bathroom one time. But ‘Float,’ we did that. ‘Lipstick Lover,’ we did like that. I have a song called ‘Champagne Machine’ that’s on there… basically every song that you’ll hear on the project, that’s how I did it. I want it to be so specific to this Pan-African crowd who are my friends. I want it to be a love letter to the diaspora. And if they fuck with it, it’s good. I’m great.”

The Age of Pleasure drops on June 9. Check out a teaser for “Lipstick Lover” below and watch the age-restricted music video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment