Tuesday, March 8, 2016

VAN STYLES PHOTOS - PALOMA HSU (VISUALAPPAREL.COM)

It has been a minute so I felt it was time for another test shot segment. This time I am going to feature a set I shot with Paloma Hsu while out in Detroit. We initially linked due to a mutual friend recommending we shoot together. I remember she had hit me up while visiting San Diego and the L.A. area. Unfortunately due to our schedules it didn't happen. But fortunate for me she lives in the midwest, not too far from Detroit where I was planning a trip to. After checking out one of the many amazing backdrops on my trip I felt it would serve as a good place to shoot. So we set up a day to shoot inside the famed St. Agnes church in Detroit. The lighting was to our favor on this day which is why I am choosing to showcase this set.
Be sure to check out her test shot interview below and enjoy!
P-003
Excited to finally share these images Paloma. So lets get started with the age. How old are you?
I am 24, Aries baby!
Awesome. And what is your ethnicity?
Father is Chinese & Madre is Puerto Rican so this makes me one classy mutt. :)
I agree. Definitely two different cultures. With that in mind where were you born?
In Paradise - San Juan, Puerto Rico!
Never been but I hear it is. Where do you currently live?
The North Pole . Cleveland, Ohio
That is probably an answer people might not expect. Give us some of your likes in life.
Being introduced to new things, genuine bonds, humorous people and GARLIC.
Alright, some good answers there. What about the dislikes?
When I don't follow my intuition, self centered mentalities, not being patient with myself and OPEN MOUTH CHEWERS. 
Ay Yi Yi!!
Here is a fun one. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to continue to be myself most importantly and hope to continue to educate children. But for now I am exactly where I am supposed to be! Everything else in life will align itself.
Very positive. Who or what are some of your Influences?
BeyoncĂ©, Duh! .... and also Malala Yousafzai, she is a young girl who fought and stood for educational rights. She's an inspiration because she reminds us how crucial it is to support women rights around the world. as often times we focus our efforts too much domestically. I highly recommend reading her book - I am Malala. 
Being that you have such an awesome blend of cultures in you what is your favorite food?
Spaghetti, Penne,Angel Hair,  Rigatoni, Ravioli, Cavatelli, Macaroni , Farfelle and........ Fettuccini. They don't call me carbie for nothing. 
What is your favorite place you have traveled to?
Italy. The city of CARB OVERLOAD which equates in my mind to the city of LOVE. 
Name a place you want to visit before you die?
Great question, So many darn good things to see in this world. I would have to narrow it down to the top 3 that pop in my mind would be Santorini Greece, Antelope Canyon, Arizona & Taj Mahal, India.
What is your current form of employment?
A passionate educator and positive role model to my students. . . I'm really in it for the free apples. 
What is your favorite music?
Definitely a music festival junkie so it can be anything from my Latin roots to reggae, indie, deep house and of course some hip hop here and there! ( Will Smith, Summaatime... Oh and J.Cole!!)
Any last words?
My last words to myself or to anyone would be to always remember to be thankful and open-minded, remember you're never too cool to help someone in need, talk with a stranger, or be good to a neighbor because why, not?
P-007
P-001
P-002
P-013
P-011
P-009
P-005
P-006
P-015
P-017
P-020
P-018
P-016
P-010
P-012
P-004

No comments:

Post a Comment