Saturday, July 30, 2016

GQ - The Shoes Women Want You to Wear, Where

shoes-women-want-lead.jpg
More than 200 women reveal what shoes they find most attractive.
You know that head-to-toe visual scan we all do when we first meet someone? Well, when women check men out, their visual scan prioritizes a few points over others. One of those points are a man's shoes. Your shoes, like few other pieces of clothing, broadcast what type of dude you are to those around you. Are you a sneakerhead? A hipster? A luxury-yacht-owning man of leisure? A crust punk? Or a grown-up Damn Daniel? But more than just a personality gauge, your shoes hold the power to attract or repulse (sorry) the woman of your dreams. "What about my great jokes and talents in the bedroom?" you ask. Those are important, for sure. But really it's the shoes she'll see first. For proof of this, and in the interest of anthropological research, we asked 200-plus women to help us help you. Here's what they said (note: all results based on our anonymous survey).
"The first thing I do when I see a guy I think is hot is check if he's wearing a wedding band. If he isn't, I check what kind of shoes he's wearing. It means that much to me."
"No holes, not overly worn, and no unbearable smells!"
shoes-chart-3.jpg
"After you teach men to wear the right shoes, you need to convince them all to stop wearing boot-cut jeans."
shoes-chart-4.jpg
"This is the best survey I've ever taken in my life."

shoes-chart-5.jpg
Some participants were disappointed at the lack of sneaker choice.
"But I love sneakers the most!"
"I prefer non-leather shoes. Canvas, etc., so this was a tough-y for me."
With that in mind, we will be conducting a separate survey specific to sneaker preference—stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment