Wednesday, April 7, 2021

MUSIC: M.I.A. Is Selling Her Very Own NFT Art Exhibit

M I A NFT garage dance Art Exhibit GIFTY 1 KALA COYN artist singer roc nation songwriter paper planes artwork non fungible token infoM.I.A. is joining in on the NFT wave. The artist will be having her very own art exhibit, auctioning off a one-of-a-kind piece of digital art as an NFT.

Titled GIFTY 1, the artwork is a still image taken from a GIF collection that “bookends [M.I.A.'s] 25-year tenure as a digital artist” — GIFTY 1 is part of a larger series titled NFT GARAGE DANCE. M.I.A. plans to follow this NFT release later on with another artwork called KALA COYN, which she created back in 1996. 

The artist released a statement providing some background on the NFTs: “KALA COYN and the GARAGE DANCE series is a living, breathing, psycho-spectral canvas that crystalizes this moment in time for me. Visually, it’s a mind f**k and embodies everything I’ve loved about the digital art arena. It’s only now that the appropriate gallery for my work finally exists.”

GIFTY 1 will be auctioned on Foundation’s website for just 24 hours, starting April 8, 4 p.m. EST.


No comments:

Post a Comment