Tuesday, January 22, 2019

PHOTOGRAPHY: PICS BY VAN STYLES ON VISUALAPPAREL.COM

Moments in Minnesota :: Claire Woods


Posted on January 11 2019

The end of the week is finally upon us. With keeping the spirit of making the most of 2019 I have been skimming through my library and seeing what is catching my eye with inspiration to create some sets out of. 
I realized there are a few in the queue but one set of images grabbed my attention. While out on a trip to Minneapolis,MS I had the opportunity to shoot with Claire Woods.  A local photographer from that area who I have had some communication with connected us (shout out Hugh Boyd) thinking it might be cool if she and I got together to create. 
After figuring out our schedules we had set some time aside to shoot in my hotel room out there. Given that we had some bad weather that day I decided to put some of the interior lighting in the room to use. We did get a bit of sunlight in one of our earlier sets but afterwards I found myself more intrigued by this one.
I loaded up some CineStill 800t in my camera and got to shooting. This is one of my favorite films to create with due to its ability to be pushed in low light settings and still yielding some amazing results. 
Claire had this fun set of clothing she decided to wear. A red tube top and accompanying fishnets. The color definitely popped out in the room and I had a feeling they would work out in this setting. 
This was definitely a fun change of pace for me especially using just the lamps next to the bed for luminance. If you haven't already try out this film it is a fun one for sure. Have a great weekend everyone and catch up with you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment