Saturday, November 14, 2015

PHOTOS BY VAN STYLES / PRINTS AVAILABLE @VISUALAPPAREL.COM (Softest Hard x Risk)

In my opinion collaborations are best when they are natural. Whether it be brands working together or artists the results are always great when they make sense. Last month I was asked to be apart of show at the Buck Shot Gallery located on the West Side of L.A. The theme of this show was centered around various pieces created by famed artist Risk. To me this was an honor considering the other talented people that would be involved in this group showing.
I received a skull created by Risk himself and was asked to interpret it anyway with my camera. I decided it would be fun to work with a model for this. Immediately I felt Softest Hard was who I wanted to do this with. She has a great artist eye the goes beyond her photos and can be seen through her personality. We got together at my studio to create. While I didn't have anything planned exactly this was a fun experience given the idea of photographing an art piece with Softest. To me a woman's body is a work of art as well so I was excited to see what we came up with.
I think we got the job done and had fun doing what we love to do. Which is what it should always be about. At the end Risk liked the photo so much he decided to add his touch to it via painting on it and creating a 1 of 1 collectable. It is always rewarding to be able to link up with others and to create. I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to do this. Thank you Softest Hard,Risk and everyone at Buck Shot for having me be apart of such a great collaboration!
SHR-010
SHR-008
SHR-007
SHR-001
SHR-003
SHR-009
SHR-004
SHR-005
1 of 1 Collaborative piece with Softest Hard x Risk and myself.
SHR-011
Prints of the original photo are available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment