Friday, August 16, 2019

SoundSet on Film - PHOTOS BY Stephen Vanasco (formerly known as Van Styles)

I finally got some time to get through my scans from SoundSet. With all I have been sharing from Minneapolis recently I wanted to be sure to close out my visit with some photos I got to make with my MP and some film (mainly tri-x 400 and some CineStill 800t).
I did my best to limit the photos here as to not make the post too long. It was fun and challenging running around with a manual focus rangefinder making these. Something about just feeling more engaged in the action rather than disengaged. 
Feeling more like part of the crowd than someone shooting the experience. No screen to distract you after after every few frames but rather fully locked in the moment of the performance. Recognizing a moment to press the shutter only to fall back into the energy of the music and the crowd. 
Below you will find photos of Doja, Dem Atlas, Trippie Redd, Sway, DMX, Lil Nas X, Prof, Run the Jewels, Atmosphere, Beast Coast, SZA and Lil Wayne. Thank you again SoundSet for having me. This show remains one of my favorite times of the year to look forward to an amazing time. See you in 2020! 



No comments:

Post a Comment