Thursday, April 6, 2017

Steve Aoki Drops His Collection With Snowboarding Giants Burton

Steve Aoki Burton Bags Collection 2017 Luggage Suitcases EDM - 3771283
Steve Aoki Burton Bags Collection 2017 Luggage Suitcases EDM - 3771282
Snowboarding giants Burton have teamed up with EDM king Steve Aoki, adding to its luggage arsenal. As someone who travels the world nonstop, Aoki’s new collection is built for endurance, ready to handle all the elements and backed by a lifetime warranty. The stylish and functional collection integrates pops of Steve’s signature blue color on a Wheelie Double Deck, Wheelie Flight Deck, Futureproof Pack, Low Maintenance Kit and Uplink Kit. The five-piece collection will be available for the first time during an exclusive event taking place on Wednesday, April 5 at the Burton Los Angeles flagship store. The Aoki x Burton collection will then be available for a limited release at select Burton Flagship Stores worldwide and online starting on April 6, with prices ranging from $50 USD for the Low Maintenance Kit to $360 USD for the Wheelie Double Deck.
Burton Flagship Store Los Angeles
8175 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA
USA
In October of last year, we got to sit down with Aoki and discuss his upcoming project with Burton. Take a look at part of the interview below. Make sure to catch our full interview with Steve Aoki, where the chronic risk-taker details his transformative process.
Are you working on anything fashion-related right now?
To commemorate 20 years of Dim Mak, we did a limited edition collaboration with RVCA recently. It’s an incredible collection that consists of tees, tanks and hoodies that’s available now.
I also have another big collection coming out soon; it’s kind of a childhood dream come true for working with this brand. It’s just one of those big hallmark moments doing a collaboration with this brand. It’s because whenever this brand does a collaboration, they work with my favorite designers and my favorite influential people in the game. I’m doing a bag collection with Burton and I’m a snowboarder and it’s my favorite sport. When I was 14-15 I got into snowboarding and all I would wear is Burton. From when I was 15 to now, all I would wear when snowboarding is Burton. I’ve been a Burton supporter for 20-plus years. My first endorsement was with Gravis in 2007 and that was a big deal because Gravis is owned by Burton. But it’s nothing like having your own collection with Burton and so I’ve been working the last eight months on the first collection of bags and it’s going to be pretty sick.
Steve Aoki Burton Bags Collection 2017 Luggage Suitcases EDM - 3771284

No comments:

Post a Comment