Wednesday, September 20, 2017

PHOTOS BY VAN STYLES :: VISUALAPPAREL.COM :: Linked Up :: Monica Alvarez

Earlier this week I got to catch up with my friend Monica Alvarez during her stay in L.A. If you have been following my work then you know she and I have created some fun sets over the past few years of knowing each other.
While we live on opposite ends of the country we do try to get together to create new photos whenever the chance comes up. Wether it be me in N.Y. or herself in L.A. She extended the room she had at the Mr. C hotel in Beverly Hills during this trip to be used as our location so I was excited to see what we could come up with.
We were able to get a few sets in but the last one was one that we both were really excited about. Rather than use the available daylight pouring into the room I opted to close the curtains and to use the existing light from the lamps. I threw on a vintage rangefinder lens from the 60's to give the photos a different rendering and I immediately loved how they were turning out.
So rather than let the images marinate for a bit I am trying my hand at sharing them with all of you sooner than later. Enjoy the photo set below and thank you Monica for always being a fun person to make photos with!











No comments:

Post a Comment