Monday, July 13, 2015

ATL: A$AP Rocky Says Atlanta Rappers Sound the Same / GQ: Inside the Atlanta Strip Club Magic City / Future – Blow A Bag

A$AP Rocky sat down for a lengthy interview as part of the Red Bull Academy back in May, but it was not until today full video of the lecture made it to the web. During the hour and a half discussion, he touched on dozens of topics, but one of the most controversial si his take on the rap scene in Atlanta. SEE ALSO: A$AP ROCKY REGRETS DISSING RITA ORA IN “BETTER THINGS” Rakim admitted he feels like the dopest music right now is coming out of the A, but didn’t hesitate to share his opinion most of the rappers there sound the same, unlike the variety of artists and styles from NYC. If we’re gonna be honest, some of the dopest music is coming out of Atlanta right now, but all them n****s sound the same,” he said. “Here [New York City] there’s not as much dope s*** – well it is, but a lot of people don’t see it the way I see it. [New York rappers] don’t sound alike. Everybody got their own different thing going on… Them Atlanta dudes – it’s a few dudes that’s doing their own thing that’s killing it. I’m not saying all Atlanta rappers sound the same, but for the most part, majority. They all kind of have similar cadences, flows and delivery. They even recycle the same lyrics from each other.” Rocky then claimed he is not trying to diss the scene, but doesn’t understand why some Atlanta artists are interested in copying others. The At.Long.Last.A$AP rapper then compared Future’s “S***” to Que’s “OG Bobby Johnson.” I gotta just say it. This ain’t dissing nobody, but I don’t understand how Future can make a song like “S***.” Then this n****, I forget his name… You make “OG Bobby Johnson” and it’s like, “head shot, head shot, hit them with the…” It’s the same thing Future’s saying. And we allowed that… Not taking nothing away from Que – I know his name – I just feel like, come on. I like the song. If you ask me if I like the song – yes, it’s a dope song… and this sounds like I’m downplaying this guy. I don’t even know him, so I don’t got nothing against him. I’m just telling the situation. I feel like it’s okay to be inspired, but you can’t bite off contemporary artists that’s in your same league.”

                 

In this full-length documentary by award winner Lauren Greenfield, we get to know the strippers, rappers, hustlers, and dreamers that make up the legendary Magic City. More than just a strip club, the ATL hot spot is where aspiring rappers use the club’s influence in the hip hop industry to try and make it big, and where dancers and DJs call the shots as they seek out their own fame and fortune
Future - Blow A Bag

Future surprises everyone by releasing a track called Blow A Bag  produced by Southside, Metro Boomin and Sonny Digital. Future announced that his his next project DS2, which stands for ‘Dirty Sprite 2, will be released on July 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment