Friday, April 17, 2015

Rick Owens Hong Kong Freestanding Store Opening






American fashion designer Rick Owens looks towards the far-east for his latest retail venture. The Hong Kong store, opened in conjunction with retailer Joyce Boutique, is in fact the largest Rick Owens brick and mortar in Asia, boasting a massive three-storey, 3,800 square-foot space. The store will carry the complete male and female collections, as well as the Drkshdw and accessories line in its beautifully conceptual layout. There is a strong theme of industrial design and customers will notice the table sculpture of Owens himself in a provocative manner. The designer had this to say about the store,
“I’ve designed the store to correspond to a primal ideal I set for myself – quiet emptiness, stone and light. Walls are concrete blocks custom molded with an angular brutalist design I saw on a wall a long time ago in Berlin, and never found again. I might have dreamed it. This wall became a mythological image to me of a futuristic utopian Ruin.”
Head over to the store and check it out if you find yourself in Hong Kong.
Rick Owens
Shop 2A, G/F
18 On Lan Street
Central
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment